Experience complete immersion in Bhutan’s extraordinary landscape and cultural heritage following this specially designed itinerary. The journey will cover Thimphu, Paro & Punakha.
Arrival in Bhutan
- Flying in to Paro airport and drive about 1 hour to Thimphu.
- Visit to The Zorig Chusum and then visit National Library.
Thimphu – Punakha
- In the morning drive to Buddha point to pay respect to Buddha Dordenma site.
- Stop to visit The National Memorial Chorten and Paper Factory.
- Visit to the National Post Office and the Takin Preserve Centre (Mini Zoo)
- Drive to Sangaygang and Wangditse Monastery.
Thimphu to Punakha
- Depart to Punakha valley. En route, stop at Dochula pass,
- Continue your drive to Punakha and enjoy the scenery of land escape.
- On arrival stop for a stroll up to the Chimi Lhakhang.
Punakha - Paro
- Drive through the Punakha Valley and begin hike to Namgyel Khamsum Yuely Chorten.
- Drive back to Paro valley and walk around the Paro Town.
Taktsang (Tiger's Nest Monastery) 4-5 hrs Hike (07:30 AM – 12:30 PM)
- Hike up to the famous cliff-hermitage called Taktsang, the “Tiger’s Nest.”
- Visit the 7th century Kyichu Lhakhang.
- Drive to the airport in time to catch up your onward flight.
DetailsContact us about this itinerary
- All Accommodation in standard hotels- clean & attached bath (government approved and monitored) - Double/twin sharing
- All porters, camping equipments ( if on trek)
- All transfers (SUV/mini bus) and sightseeing within Bhutan
- Visa and processing fee
- Services of an accompanying English speaking local tour leader/ guide
- All meals (but not beverages). Bottled water is complimentary in the car/coach. We recycle the used bottles.
- 35% government welfare levy (The Royalty is used for developmental projects)
- Tourism development fee to the government
- Fees for museums and permits to enter temples & monuments
- Travel insurance (Recommended: Mandatory, if on trek)
- Personal expenses such as laundry, phone calls, shopping, etc.
- Beverages (juice and alcohol)
- Accommodations in upscale properties
- Tips and gratuities for staff (optional)
- Bangkok Hotel for transit