Bhutan retains its ancient traditions and pristine environment.As a unique Himalayan kingdom, it offers fascinating and absorbing cultural encounters. Our aim is to expose more people to this unique experience, in a way that contributes to the sustained development of the country.
Languages: Dzongkha, English
Currency: Bhutanese ngultrum (BTN)
Calling code: +975
Time zone: UTC+6
Flight time: No direct flight from Hong Kong, have to fly from Thailand (Bangkok), Nepal (Kathmandu), Singapore, India (New Delhi, Kolkatta and Gaya) and Bangladesh (Dhaka)
To ensure sustainable development, the Bhutan government sets a minimum nightly tariff for an all-inclusive & hassle-free tour package. The major share of the tariff that goes to the government is used for providing the national health and education systems as well as maintaining the infrastructure for tourism.
Minimum Government Tariff
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium)
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding international and demostic flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65