Raja Ampat is known as the Four Kings, these 40,000 square kilometres of the Indonesian archipelago in the northeast seas are where the Pacific and Indian Oceans collide
For five or more nights aboard Amanikan, the Raja Ampat expedition is an adventure through one of the world’s most exceptional marine areas.The excursion takes place aboard Amanikan, a custom-built, 32-metre coastal cruiser featuring three above-deck cabins, alfresco dining and a bar on the foredeck, and extensive dive facilities
The cruise is ideal for private cruises for up to three couples or a family of six, and supports a crew of ten, including a dive instructor and a private chef.
The highlight includes:
- Huge variety of dive sites – shallow, macro, fast drifts and underwater sea mounts
- Virgin reefs and biologically diverse sea life
- Best between November and March
- Water temperatures of up to 28°C year round · 10 metres to 30 metres visibility depending on the dive site
- Current ranges from zero to strong, depending on site. Many dives are drift dives
- Depths range from 10 metres to 40 metres, with most dives between 15 metres and 20 metres
- Suitable for all levels of diving experience
Transfer from Sorong to Aman vessels - Amanikan. Enjoy lunch and relax over the six-hour cruise to Mioskon passing many spectacular islands including Batanta and Kri.
Awaken with Mioskon, and Waigeo in view. Dive or snorkel Mioskon then cruise over lunch to Yanggefo along the Waigeo coastline. On arrival, snorkel, dive or kayak around this spectacular mangrove paradise.
Enjoy spotting the many bird species in the area over breakfast, then dive, snorkel, swim or kayak before setting course for Alyui Bay. This three-hour cruise passes some of the area’s most famous and remote islands. On arrival, dive or relax.
In the morning, visit the Alyui pearl farm and see how pearls are extracted. Then dive or snorkel one or two of the many dive sites nearby. Set course for Arborek.
The seven-night itinerary follows the five-night itinerary until day 4 when the cruise sets course for Kawe, rather than Arborek, crossing the equator before nightfall.
5-nights: Snorkel or dive with the hopes of seeing magnificent manta rays, common in the area. After lunch, set course for Sorong if you choose 5-day journey.
7-nights: Dive or snorkel on the equator near Kawe – a truly unique experience. Cruise to Wayag for an afternoon dive or snorkel in the magnificent lagoons.
5-nights: After breakfast you will be transported to the airport for your onward flight.
7-nights: Climb Mt. Pindito for breathtaking views, then dive, snorkel or kayak after lunch. Set course for Yanggefo and overnight back in the shelter of the mangroves.
A short cruise to Arborek allows the chance to dive or snorkel with manta rays. After lunch, set course for Sorong.
After breakfast, you will be transported to the airport for your onward flight.
DetailsContact us about this itinerary
Cruise Line: Aman Voyages
Cruise Ship: Amanikan
The renowned Aman Resorts’ first foray into yachting in Indonesia, Amanikan is a 32-metre coastal cruise that was custom-built in 2009. Combining the essence of historical cruisers with modern comforts, Amanikan boasts Aman Resorts’ renowned extraordinary service.
Dates (5/7 nights)
2019 departures are available from November to March
A flight from Bali to Sorong takes three hours; then it’s a 10-minute transfer to the harbour by car.
- Onboard accommodation
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Sorong Airport transports
- National Park Entrance Fees
- Activities - Diving (for certified divers), trekking, beach excursions, paddle boarding and kayaking
- As the cruise is offered exclusively, preferred routes and dive sites can be discussed with the crew before departure. Meals are also tailored to personal preferences, with the chef offering both Asian and Western menu options.
- Itinerary is subject to change depending on sea and weather conditions.
- You may extend journey before or after the expedition at Aman Bali properties.