Summer is around the corner and some of you may be stuck trying to plan that perfect family vacation. What’s the best way to spend time off? Where is the perfect destination to create new memories, encourage family bonding and make everyone in the family happy? Ahh, the age old question.
The team at Charlotte Travel understand that travel planning for a family can be a bit more complex. That's why we've scoured to find 6 great family vacation ideas to make your family trip a breeze!
Learn a Local Craft
Shopping is one of the vital elements during of travel, but bringing home a souvenir that you created with your own two hands can be much more rewarding. Seeing these items in your home for years will bring back great memories of what an amazing vacation you took as a family.
Amandari is located in Ubud, the culture capital of Bali, and offers incredible traditional and cultural experiences. Our favorite is exploring the craft villages that are renowned all over the world for Balinese-style crafting skills. Stay 3 nights or more with these inclusions.
- Daily breakfast for two
- Round trip airport transfers
- One special dinner experience
- Three activities per person per stay, chosen from the following options:
- Local morning market tour followed with rice field trek
- Craft Villages of Mas & Batubulan
- Cultural and Temple Tour - A scenic drive with experienced drivers who will show you the diversity of Bali
- Restoring balance with a traditional Balinese healer (1.5 hours*)
- Exploring Balinese dance and the religious and artistic expression
Seek Outdoor Activities
Spending time in a great outdoors is often a favorite pastime and a great way to forge family bonding. It is no doubt that Hawaii is perfect for the family vacation, allowing you to enjoy diverse activities with your children.
Located on one of the smallest islands, Four Seasons Lanai is a go-to choice for families. During the stays in Hawaii, families on an exclusive island adventure will enjoy 50% off a connecting room when booking select suites.
With the Lanai Explorer offer, enjoy below unlimited activities.
- Championship golf – Manele Golf Course
- Polaris off-road adventures
- Equine experiences
- Lanai Archery and Shooting Range
- Tennis court rental
- Mountain bike rental
- Water activities (snorkel sail, fishing tour and sunset sail experience)
- Luxury island shuttle transportation, including arrival and departure transfers (guests staying in an Ohana Suite or higher accommodation category will receive private transfers)
At COMO Maalifushi in Maldives, guests can grab the ‘Island Family Adventure’ offer to enjoy a range of activities for the whole family. The dolphin cruise is a must-join activity for families who spend four nights or more. Other inclusions are:
- Daily breakfast.
- A choice of either a three-course lunch or a three-course dinner each day for up to two adults and two children.
- Family Island Cinema Experience for up to two adults and two children (includes popcorn).
- Dolphin cruise and splash net for up to two adults and two children
- Family Castaway Picnic on Lavadoo Island for up to two adults and two children*
- Dedicated private butler service
Spend Some Time Apart
As a family, a little solo adult and kid time will do you all some good. Many hotels and cruises offer dedicated clubs for tots, teens, and young ones in between, so you can rest assured that they’ll be well taken care of.
At Shangri-La Singapore, a family friendly resort, guests can discover a world of imagination and exploration with the new Family Fun offer. You can relax during the day, go shopping, and your brood will work on art projects and play destination-themed games while bonding with other children from all over the world.
This offer includes:
- Daily buffet breakfast at The Line
(for 2 adults and 2 children under 6 years old)
- Access to Buds indoor and outdoor interactive play space for kids
- Special child-themed welcome amenities and bedding
- Wireless Internet access
- Shuttle bus within the city to shopping malls in Orchard
Seek Out Learning Opportunities
Spending a few days learning is a great way to bond as a family and leave your vacation feeling more fulfilled. Some of our partners can arrange visits to small villages to plant trees, serve meals, or socialize with children.
La Réserve Genève is teaming up with Collège du Léman to provide tailor-made Summer Camps. Building on its considerable experience in organizing camps for children aged 4 to 18, Collège du Léman offers various camps:
Providing for younger children (ages 4-7) to enjoy activities including water games, face painting, treasure hunt, etc.
Three 2 week sessions for ages 8-18 with activities likes computer coding, creating a start-up, robotics, French, etc.
Juventus Academy Training Camp
Teaching children (ages 8-18) the skills to play football during weekdays and enjoy the weekend excursions.
All Inclusive Edutainment Package
Education and travel go hand-in-hand and mixing both is a recipe for family fun that will be fondly remembered for years to come.
Ireland is great destination for families! This 6-night all-inclusive edutainment package allows for a healthy dose of breathtaking landscapes, friendly people and impressive historic buildings. Family will access different heritage sites like Christ Church Cathedral, Malahide Castle and History of Powerscourt House & Gardens and spend a great time moments enriched with knowledge.
Planning your next vacation? Let us know and we will create a memorable journey for you!Enquire to be Inspired!