Explore all the highlights, from Lima through to Machu Picchu. Plus special experiences off the beaten track. Peru is almost a continent in itself and perfect for those passionate for adventure. From the soaring unspoilt Andes to the desert coastal plains, and home to a rich array of celebrated archaeological sites, this itinerary idea takes in some of Peru’s most famous destinations and includes train journey.
Day 1 - Day 2LimaArrive in Lima where one of our representatives will be waiting to escort you to Belmond Miraflores Park. Spend your first day exploring this vibrant city at your leisure or relaxing by the rooftop pool. The next day, join a special tour of Lima. Visit the historic centre, Cathedral, Government Palace, and many other fascinating sites. Continue on the Barranco District Shopping Tour and visit stylish shops showcasing items by Peruvian artists and artisans.
Day 3 - Day 4Sacred ValleyFly to Cusco, and enjoy a one-and-a-half-hour scenic drive through stunning landscapes to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. On the way you’ll stop in the town of Pisac, renowned for its colourful market. You will then continue to Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado.During your stay in the Sacred Valley you’ll visit the town of Ollantaytambo, one of the oldest continuously occupied settlements in the Americas, and Chinchero, a small Andean village located high up on windswept plains. You’ll also explore Hacienda Huayoccari and its superb collection of colonial and folk art. The hotel also offers a variety of activities, such as hiking, ATV driving, mountain bike or horseback riding.
Day 5 - Day 6Machu PicchuBoard the Vistadome train to Machu Picchu. Visit the unique Inca citadel and its surrounding area by private guided tour. Spend the night at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, the only hotel located beside the citadel. Next day, choose one of two hikes; either to Inti Punku or up Huayna Picchu, the highest mountain that is part of the site. Or continue exploring this magnificent citadel on your own. Return to Cusco aboard the luxurious Belmond Hiram Bingham train.
Day 7CuscoEnjoy a half-day tour of Cusco, which includes a visit to the Cathedral, the Koricancha complex and the impressive fortress of Sacsayhuaman. Continue to the Awana Kancha centre, where llamas, alpacas, guanacos and vicunas laze in fields
Day 8LimaThis morning you will be transferred to Cusco airport for your flight to Lima. On your way to the Belmond Miraflores Park Hotel enjoy a tour of Lima, evening transfer to the airport for your international flight home.
DetailsEnquire about this itinerary
- Day 1 - Day 2 Belmond Miraflores Park, Lima
- Day 3 - Day 4 Belmond Hotel Rio Sagrado, Cusco
- Day 5 - Day 6 Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, Machu Picchu
- Day 7 Belmond Hotel Monasterio, Cusco
Your tour includes
- Private transfers and tours in modern, A/C vehicles with English speaking local guides.
- Hotel accommodation as per itinerary
- Vistadome train ticket to Machu Picchu & Hiram Bingham train tickets to Cusco
- Porterage at airports and hotels (2 bags per person)
- Entrance Fees and local Taxes
- Bottled water included during transfers and tours; snacks available during tours.
- Meals as indicated in program.
Your tour does not include
- Personal Expenses
- Internal air tickets Lima-Cusco-Lima (mentioned separately)
- Travel Insurance
- International air
- Gratuities for local guides and drivers
- Tips at restaurants
Charlotte Travel Exclusives
- Fully flexible hotel or resort US$90 credit per room per stay
- Fully flexible hotel or resort US$200 credit per suite per stay
- Flexible on board credit US$45 per person for day trips
- VIP welcome treats with a local taste
- Buffet or full breakfast for 2 daily
- Welcome letter from the General Manager recognising your agency
- Complimentary upgrade based on availability at time of check-in
- Complimentary WI-FI access
- A unique US$500 gift voucher loyalty programme when your client books a US$5,000* or more holiday with Belmond