Galápagos is voted "The Best Island" in the world，experiencing its surrounding archipelagos on an expedition is an unrivaled experience. Lindblad-National Geographic Endeavour, over 40 years of experience and relationships in Galápagos, is guaranteed your 360º approach and in-depth encounter with all its wonders, fully equipped with tools for exploration that will enable you to see more of the archipelago’s varied islands and habitats, close encounters with incredible wildlife, snorkel the Galápagos undersea.
Day 1Guayaquil, EcuadorArrive in Guayaquil; it’s a short drive to Hotel Hilton Colón, where we spend the night.
Day 2Guayaquil / Galápagos / EmbarkAfter the 1 1⁄2-hour flight to the Galápagos, we’ll immediately board the ship. Over the course of the week, our exact routing depends on the National Park Service.
Day 3 to Day 8
The following is a representative sample of the islands we may visit during your week on board:
This is an enchanting landscape where lava, mangroves and golden sand converge. Great walks and views abound, with a chance to snorkel with Galápagos penguins.
Santiago offers close encounters with Galápagos fur seals along with an opportunity to study the inhabitants of the island’s countless tide pools.
Home to the Charles Darwin Research station; learn about the science done here and visit the neighboring captive breeding program for endangered species of Galápagos giant tortoises, run by their partners in conservation, the Galápagos National Park Service.
A small black sand beach offers wonderful morning swimming. Enjoy a more challenging hike over rugged shoreline and a shorter walk within an iguana colony. Kayaking and deep water snorkeling opportunities are on offer.
This is the youngest island in the Galápagos and one of the most pristine tropical islands left on earth. Look forward to hikes over relatively recent lava flows, and spot marine iguanas, flightless cormorants, and Sally Lightfoot crabs.
Snorkel among sea lions in the clear waters off Champion Islet. We may also find flamingos, pintail ducks and various shorebirds. Hike to a pristine white-sand beach, a favorite nesting site for sea turtles.
The exclusive home to waved albatross (seasonal) and particularly colorful marine iguanas, Española is also a paradise for Darwin’s finches, sea lions galore, and the famous blue-footed boobies. Snorkel and stroll along the island’s lovely beaches
Day 9Galápagos / Disembark / GuayaquilDisembark and fly to Guayaquil. The late afternoon and evening are free to explore the city.
Day 10Guayaquil or QuitoFly back home in this morning.
DetailsEnquire about this itinerary
- National Geographic Endeavour
- National Geographic Islander
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cappuccinos, lattes & filtered water (not available on Panorama II)
- 24-hour coffee, tea & soda on demand (soda not incuded on Lord of the Glens)
- Hors d’oeuvres & snacks during Recap
- Fitness center or exercise equipment, depending on the ship
- Fully stocked library, and other gracious public spaces
- The guidance and company of our expedition staff
- The services of a physician on certain ships/destinations
- Hotels ashore as indicated in itinerary
- Meals on land, as indicated in itinerary
- Sightseeing & entrance fees
- Special access permits, park fees, port taxes
- Transfers to and from group flights
- The expertise of our expedition staff
- All excursions
- Zodiac & kayak explorations (Kayaks not available on Panorama II)
- Snorkeling, including wetsuits, masks, fins & snorkel where relevant
- Presentations and guest speakers in the lounge