From spiritual Sagaing to golden Mandalay, embark on a breathtaking journey of discovery on board Belmond Road to Mandalay. Enjoy a tour of Mingun, home of the world’s largest uncracked bell, visit Mandalay and Sagaing Hills with its beautiful pagodas and thriving community of Buddhist monks and nuns. Don't forget visit U Bein Bridge in sunset.
On arrival at Bagan, transfer to the ship berthed on the Ayeyarwady River. After lunch, join the guide and visit the inside of some of the more significant pagodas. Late afternoon your guide takes you to watch the sun setting over a field of glowing pagodas. Dinner and local entertainment on board.
After breakfast join the guide to explore some of Bagan's bustling local markets. Alternatively, you can hire a bicycle or horse-drawn cart and explore this enchanting area on your own. Relax on the ship as you begin to cruise to Mandalay and watch the fascinating river life glide by. A casual cocktail party is followed by dinner on board.
After a morning at leisure, join the chef on top deck for a cookery demonstration as you sail past the hills of Sagaing. Disembark in the afternoon for a tour of Mingun, home to the enormous, ruined pagoda of King Bodawpaya. Dinner and local entertainment on board
After a short cruise, disembark at Mandalay for tour of the fabled city. Continue the tour through Amarapura to Shwe Kyet Yet village, where you will reunite with Belmond Road to Mandalay. After lunch visit the Sagaing Hills, considered to be the living centre of the Buddhist faith in Myanmar. Dinner and local entertainment on board.
After an early breakfast, transfer to Mandalay airport for your onward flight to Yangon.
DetailsEnquire about this itinerary
- Buffet breakfast and lunch, and table d'hôte dinner - both eastern and western choices available
- Complimentary soft drinks, mineral water, local beer and free flow house wine (local and international) with lunch and dinner
- Internal flights within Myanmar included between Yangon and ship, as per itinerary
- Fully-qualified resident doctor
- All sightseeing, as per itinerary
- No single supplement on Superior or Deluxe Cabins
Charlotte Travel Exclusives
- US$100 onboard credits per person per journey
- VIP welcome treats with a local twist
- Welcome letter from the General Manager
- Complimentary upgrade based on availability at time of check-in
- A unique US$500 gift voucher loyalty programme when you book a US$5,000 or more Belmond holiday