Yellowknife is fast becoming the most popular place in Canada to see the Northern Lights. Easily accessible to the city, yet far enough from its sounds and lights, Blachford Lake Lodge sparkles lke diamonds and it is the perfect spot for Aurora watching.
Arrive Yellowknife as scheduled. Greeting and pick up at airport. You will be transfer directly to the hotel for your accommodation in Yellowknife. You will be picked up at 9:00 pm at your hotel for your Aurora tour. The tour will end around 1 am.
You will be transferred directly to the float or ski base for your flight to Blachford Lake Lodge from your hotel at 10:30 am. Please note each guest travel to the lodge is allowed one piece of luggage no more than 40lbs, carry-on bag and camera equipment. Any additional luggage will be stored in Yellowknife before you take the float / ski plane to Blachford.
You will have a brief orientation before departing on a Twin Otter for your accommodation for the next few days. Upon arrival you will have a late lunch at the lodge, and a camp tour and guest orientation. Feel free to explore the lodge, use the sauna and hot tub, and get oriented with your new surroundings.
After dinner, a bonfire will be lit, and you can relax around the open fire as you watch the Aurora Borealis dance above you.
Flight Schedule - Float plane (Autumn) / Ski plane (Winter) from Yellowknife to Blachford:
Sundays, Wednesdays, Fridays Yellowknife/Blachford 10:00 10:30
Sundays, Wednesdays, Fridays Blachford/Yellowknife 11:00 11:30
After breakfast, it’s time to gear up and get ready to get outside. After lunch, you will head out on the land for guided canoeing, kayaking, or a hiking tour. Keep your eyes open for wildlife as you glide over the sparkling water and admire the natural land surrounding you. Look out for traces of foxes, ptarmigan, ravens, lynx, rabbits and more.
Before dinner, you will have the opportunity to participate in a short hike, or go paddling on the lake to stretch your legs and enjoy your surroundings at leisure.
A post-dinner hot tub session is in order! Enjoy your evening in the lodge, head outside and sit around the bonfire, or play one of the many board games we have available at the lodge. You may choose to spend your time drawing, writing, or reflecting on the day, but be sure to keep your eyes on the skies.
The Northern Lights tend to appear between 9-10pm, and can dance above you until 3am or later some nights.
Good morning Blachford! Gear up after breakfast and enjoy more relaxing time at Blachford before your flight back to Yellowknife.
You will arrive back in Yellowknife at approximately 2:00pm and pick up at the float or ski base for a city tour in Yellowknife. After we transfer you back to the hotel, it is your free time in Yellowknife.
We will transfer you to the Airport for your flight back home.
Your Northern Lights at The Blachford Lake Lodge, Yellowknife may be over, but we know you will enjoy the memories you have made for years to come.
DetailsEnquire about this itinerary
The package is designed for you. Number of dates is flexible.
Travel Date :
- Summer / Fall season - 15 August - 11 October, 2019
- Winter / Spring season - 23 December 2018 - 10 April, 2019
Day 1 & Day 4
- Yellowknife City Hotel
Day 2 & Day 3
- Blachford Lake Lodge
- 2 nights accommodation in Yellowknife City Hotel
- 2 daily breakfasts in Yellowknife City Hotel
- 1 Yellowknife city small group tour
- 1 Yellowknife aurora viewing small group tour
- All private transfers in Yellowknife between airport and hotel (with Chinese language guide)
- Flight Yellowknife – Blachford Lake Lodge return
- 2 nights lodge accommodation at Blachford Lake Lodge
- All meals at Blachford Lake Lodge
- All snacks at Blachford Lake Lodge
- Coffee, tea, juices at Blachford Lake Lodge
- Use of hot tub, tipi, sauna
- Use of lodge equipment
- 2 guided activities daily at the lodge
- Handicraft activities
- Aurora photography tips and hints
- Aurora wake up service each night
- Chinese language services throughout program
- 2 hours Blachford Lake Lodge snowmobile tour (winter season only)
- Winter clothing rental and delivery service (winter season only)
- 1 hour Yellowknife dogsledding tour (winter season only)
- Items of a personal nature
- Flights to/from Yellowknife and home city
- Pre/post nights in Yellowknife
- Travel insurance
- Additional guided touring
- Alcoholic beverages